Italian All Natural Ground Italian Sausage Stuffing
You can also divide this stuffing and bake it in muffin tins for individual portions. Mmm... stuffin muffins...
Servings and Ingredients
|1 (16 oz) pkg Johnsonville (mild or sweet) Italian All Natural Ground Sausage or 1 (19 oz) pkg Johnsonville (mild or sweet) Italian Sausage Links, casings removed|
|¼ c. olive oil, divided|
|2 (12 oz each) loaves focaccia bread, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|1 tsp. coarse ground pepper|
|1 c. shredded Parmesan cheese|
|1 small green pepper, diced|
|½ c. oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped|
|½ c. chopped pimiento-stuffed olives|
|1 (4.25 oz) can chopped ripe olives|
|5 fresh basil leaves, chopped|
|2 garlic cloves, minced|
|1 ½ c. water or white wine|
|¼ c. butter, cut into cubes|
Things To Grab
- In a skillet, crumble and cook sausage with 1 tablespoon of olive oil until no longer pink and lightly browned; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix bread cubes, sausage, cheese, green pepper, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, basil and garlic. In a small bowl, whisk eggs with water or wine. Pour over bread mixture; mix lightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine bread cubes, black pepper and remaining olive oil; toss to coat. Arrange bread cubes in a single layer on an ungreased 15-by-10-by-1-inch baking pan.
- Spoon mixture into a buttered 2-1/2- to 3-quart baking dish. Dot with butter and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned.
Amounts Per Serving
Vitamin A 8%
Vitamin C 15%
the Kitchen at Johnsonville Sausage