Servings and Ingredients
|2 tbsp. organic extra-virgin olive oil|
|1 organic medium yellow onion, finely chopped (about 1 c.)|
|1 organic small green pepper, seeded and finely chopped (about 1 c.)|
|1 (8 oz) pkg baby bella mushrooms, finely chopped|
|2 clove(s) garlic, minced|
|Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste|
|2 tbsp. Muir Glen organic tomato paste|
|1 Hy-Vee HealthMarket organic large egg|
|1 ½ c. prepared organic brown rice|
|½ c. shredded Parmesan cheese|
|Whole wheat pita bread, lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional|
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onion, green pepper, mushrooms and garlic until the vegetables are very soft and beginning to turn golden, about 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a large bowl to cool slightly.
- Whisk together tomato paste and egg. Add tomato paste mixture, brown rice and cheese to vegetables. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Form mixture into 6 patties using 1/2-cup measuring cup. Place on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Internal temperature should reach 160 degrees.
- If desired, serve on pita bread with lettuce and tomato.
170 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 9g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Sodium: 200mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 17g
- Protein: 8g
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 30%