Servings and Ingredients
|15 oz.||canned salmon, drained|
|8||crackers (saltine-type), crushed|
|¼ c.||chopped bell pepper (any color), seeds removed|
|1 tsp.||lemon juice|
|4 drop(s)||hot sauce, optional|
|Cooking spray or 2 tbsp olive oil|
|4||whole wheat hamburger buns|
|4||lettuce leaves, optional|
|4 slice(s)||tomato, optional|
- Put salmon in a medium bowl.
- Add cracker crumbs, mayonnaise, bell pepper, lemon juice and hot sauce (if you like) to the bowl. Mix well.
- Shape the salmon into 4 patties.
- Coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray or olive oil. Place skillet on stovetop over medium heat.
- Cook salmon cakes, turning once with a spatula, until lightly browned on each side.
- Put burgers on buns. Top with a lettuce leaf and slice of tomato if you like, and serve.
- Variation: Form into 8 small patties and serve on split baked jumbo biscuits.
410 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 20g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Sodium: 840mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 34g
- Protein: 27g
Lickety-Split Meals by Zonya Foco on National Fisheries Institute.