Grilled Salmon Burgers
This is the kind of recipe that will change the way you think about salmon. And burgers.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 ½ lbs.||boneless, skinless salmon, chopped, divided|
|1 tbsp.||Dijon mustard|
|2 tbsp.||chives, finely chopped|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee whole wheat bread crumbs|
|1 tsp.||garlic, minced|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee paprika|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee crushed red pepper|
|Hy-Vee nonstick olive oil cooking spray|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee Hickory House Ooh La La seafood seasoning, optional|
|4||Hy-Vee whole wheat buns, split|
|Arugula, for serving|
|½||English cucumber, thinly sliced for serving|
|1||beefsteak tomato, thinly sliced for serving|
|Lemon halves, for serving|
|Light Tartar Sauce|
|⅔ c.||light mayonnaise|
|1 tbsp.||dill pickles|
|¼ c.||roasted red peppers, finely chopped|
|1 tsp.||capers, chopped|
|1 tbsp.||fresh lemon juice|
Things To Grab
- Food processor
- Tray or baking sheet
- Charcoal or gas grill
- Small bowl
- Process 6 oz. salmon and the mustard in a food processor for 15 seconds or until nearly smooth. Add remaining salmon, chives, bread crumbs, garlic, paprika and crushed red pepper; pulse until salmon is chopped and ingredients are combined.
- Shape mixture into four patties and transfer to a tray; chill, covered, 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Coat grate with olive oil cooking spray.
- Season patties with seafood seasoning, if desired. Lightly coat patties with olive oil cooking spray. Grill 8 minutes or until firm and cooked through, turning once.
- Light Tartar Sauce Stir together 2/3 cup light mayonnaise, 1 tbsp. finely chopped dill pickles, 1/4 cup finely chopped roasted red peppers, 1 tsp. chopped capers, 1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley and 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Top bun bottoms with Light Tartar Sauce, salmon patty, arugula, cucumber and tomato. Top with bun tops. Serve with grilled lemon halves.
510 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 22g
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- Sodium: 910mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 32g
- Protein: 39g
Vitamin A 25%
Vitamin C 25%