Servings and Ingredients
|1 ⅓ c.||TSP (textured soy protein)|
|⅞ c.||boiling water|
|1||(15 oz) can soybeans, drained and rinsed|
|1 tbsp.||dried parsley|
|1 tbsp.||Worcestershire sauce|
|1 ½ c.||dry breadcrumbs|
|½ c.||rolled oats|
- Rehydrate textured soy protein by pouring boiling water over it. Set aside until ready to use.
- Finely chop carrot, mushrooms, onion and garlic, preferably in a food processor. Set aside.
- Mash soybeans very well in a food processor or by hand. Put in a large bowl.
- Mix in rehydrated TSP, chopped vegetable mixture, dried parsley, Worcestershire sauce, breadcrumbs and oats.
- Using 1/2 cup mixture at a time, form into patties. Brown on both sides in a nonstick skillet.
219 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 179mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 28g
- Protein: 19g
Iowa Soybean Promotion Board.