Servings and Ingredients
|1 lbs.||frozen tofu, thawed and cut into short strips|
|⅓ c.||lime juice|
|1 tbsp.||lower-sodium soy sauce|
|1 tbsp.||fajita seasoning or salt-free Mexican herb mix|
|1||red or green bell pepper|
|1 tsp.||fajita seasoning (or salt-free Mexican herb mix)|
|6||(7-inch) flour tortillas|
|salsa or avocado slices, for serving|
- Gently squeeze thawed tofu strips in a clean cloth towel to remove excess moisture, or wrap them and press under a weight.
- Put strips in a glass dish and toss with lime juice and soy sauce. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning over and gently toss again. Let tofu absorb the marinade while preparing the vegetables.
- Slice onions and zucchini into half rounds and cut the bell pepper into strips.
- Lightly spray a nonstick skillet with vegetable oil spray and saute the tofu strips in it until starting to brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add vegetables to the pan and saute until tender and starting to brown, adding a little water if necessary. Remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning.
- Heat and soften tortillas by wrapping in a damp towel and heating in microwave, or heat on a griddle.
- Divide tofu and vegetables among the 6 tortillas. Serve with optional condiments, such as salsa or avocado slices.
188 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 550mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 21g
- Protein: 12g
Iowa Soybean Promotion Board.