Is there anything sweet potatoes can't do?
Servings and Ingredients
|1||medium sweet potato|
|Hy-Vee salt and Hy-Vee black pepper, to taste|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee Select olive oil, divided|
|1||shallot, finely chopped|
|¼ c.||chopped red bell pepper|
|8 oz.||fresh spinach leaves, stems removed and coarsely chopped|
|4||Hy-Vee large eggs, lightly beaten|
|1 ¼ c.||Hy-Vee half-and-half|
|1 c.||shredded Gruyère cheese (4 oz)|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9-inch pie plate; set aside.
- Scrub and peel sweet potato. Using a mandoline slicer, slice sweet potato crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange slices on bottom and up sides of prepared pie plate. Spray sweet potatoes slices with nonstick cooking spray; season to taste.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add shallot and bell pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Add remaining oil to same skillet. Heat over medium-high heat. Add half of the spinach to skillet; cook for 2 minutes or until wilted. Add remaining spinach to skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until wilted.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, cheese and nutmeg. Stir in spinach and shallot mixture. Pour egg mixture into prebaked sweet potato crust.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
320 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 23g
- Cholesterol: 195mg
- Sodium: 280mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 12g
- Protein: 15g
Vitamin A 160%
Vitamin C 50%
Hy-Vee Seasons Spring 2016.