Swiss Chard Breakfast Quiche
Servings and Ingredients
|1 lbs.||Swiss chard, stems and ribs removed|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|2||garlic cloves, minced|
|1||(15 oz) container Hy-Vee part-skim ricotta cheese|
|½ c.||freshly grated Parmesan cheese|
|2||Hy-Vee large eggs|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee black pepper|
|½ tsp.||finely chopped fresh thyme|
|½ tsp.||finely chopped fresh oregano|
|⅛ tsp.||finely chopped fresh rosemary|
|⅛ tsp.||grated nutmeg|
|1||(17.3 oz) box frozen puff pastry, thawed|
- Cook chard in large pot of boiling water until just wilted. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible and chop.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Saute garlic in oil 1 minute. Add the chard and continue to sauté until excess liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes.
- Place the chard in large mixing bowl; cool. Mix in the ricotta, Parmesan cheese, eggs, salt, black pepper, thyme, oregano, rosemary and nutmeg.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll out 1 pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface to a 14-inch square. Drape over a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Trim edges leaving a 1-inch overhang.
- Fill pastry with ricotta mixture. Dab the overhanging edge with a little warm water.
- Roll out second pastry sheet large enough to cover the filled tart with an additional inch to roll the edge. Drape over the filling; seal and roll the edge.
- Bake 45 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Cool at least 10 minutes. Remove pan sides from tart. Transfer to platter. Cut into wedges and serve.
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday Entertaining Cookbook.