Sweet Potato and Beet Chips
Kids will cheer for these easy-to-make chips. Use a mandoline or handheld slicer to quickly produce very thin, even slices of sweet potatoes and beets. If you don't have a slicer, use a sharp, heavy knife.
Servings and Ingredients
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|1 tsp.||chopped fresh rosemary|
|1 tsp.||lemon zest|
|1 tsp.||kosher salt|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee black pepper|
|2||medium sweet potatoes, 6 to 8 oz each|
|2||medium beets, 6 oz each|
- Position oven racks on center and top tier in oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, rosemary, lemon zest, kosher salt and pepper; set aside.
- Peel sweet potatoes and beets; cut into 1/16-inch slices using mandolin or sharp knife. Arrange slices in 1 layer on prepared baking sheets. Brush tops of slices with olive oil mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes, rotating baking sheets after 15 minutes. Turn slices over and brush with remaining olive oil mixture.
- Bake for 15 to 30 minutes more or until golden and crisp, rotating baking sheets and turning slices over as needed.
- Cool chips on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container up to 3 days.
120 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 290mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 13g
- Protein: 2g
Vitamin A 160%
Vitamin C 20%
Hy-Vee Seasons Back to School 2014.