Southwestern Breakfast Burrito
Waking up is easier when you know you can make these breakfast burritos in less than 30 minutes. Or you know what? Breakfast for dinner sounds pretty good, too.
Servings and Ingredients
|2 Hy-Vee large eggs|
|2 c. low-calorie refrigerated egg product|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee pico de gallo|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee black beans, drained and rinsed|
|2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped, plus additional for serving|
|Hy-Vee nonstick cooking spray|
|1 red and/or yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced|
|4 low-carb whole-wheat tortillas|
|1 c. Hy-Vee finely shredded reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese|
|1 avocado, peeled, seeded, and sliced|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee Greek nonfat plain yogurt|
|Hy-Vee black pepper, to taste|
Things To Grab
- 2 small bowl
- Large nonstick skillet
- Whisk together eggs and egg product in a small bowl; set aside.
Combine pico de gallo, beans and cilantro in an additional small bowl; set aside.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add bell pepper to skillet. Cook and stir until softened. Remove from skillet. Add egg mixture to skillet. Gently turn eggs to scramble; continue cooking until set.
- Warm tortillas in microwave for about 20 seconds.
- Spoon cooked bell pepper and egg mixture down center of each tortilla. Top each with equal amounts of bean mixture, cheese, avocado and yogurt. Sprinkle with black pepper and, if desired, additional cilantro.
- Fold in opposite sides of each tortilla and roll up.
290 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 16g
- Cholesterol: 190mg
- Sodium: 300mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 23g
- Protein: 21g
Vitamin A 40%
Vitamin C 70%