Freezer Breakfast Burritos
For breakfast, lunch, or dinner, these freezer-friendly burritos are always welcome at the table.
Servings and Ingredients
|3 mild Italian turkey sausages|
|1 medium green pepper, seeded and diced|
|½ medium onion, diced|
|6 large Hy-Vee eggs, beaten|
|6 egg whites, beaten|
|1 c. Hy-Vee shredded Colby jack cheese, divided|
|8 (10-inch each) Hy-Vee burrito-size tortilla shells|
Things To Grab
- Large skillet
- Plate or dish for freezing
- Plastic wrap
- Paper towels
- Brown sausage in a large skillet; add green pepper and onion and cook until softened. Remove sausage mixture from skillet; add eggs and egg whites and scramble. Return cooked sausage mixture and add cheese to scrambled eggs.
- Place about ¾ cup egg mixture on each tortilla shell. Roll up burrito-style.
- Freeze burritos in a single layer on a plate or dish; when fully frozen, individually wrap burritos in plastic wrap.
- To serve, remove plastic wrap from burrito. Wrap burrito in a paper towel to absorb moisture; microwave on HIGH 2 minutes, or until heated thoroughly.
370 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 15g
- Sodium: 820mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 36g
- Protein: 21g
Vitamin A 8%
Vitamin C 20%