Savory Wild Rice and Sausage Stuffing
Servings and Ingredients
|1 (16 oz) loaf Hy-Vee bakery Italian bread|
|1 (32 oz) container Hy-Vee low-sodium chicken broth|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee unsalted butter, melted|
|2 tsp. poultry seasoning|
|1 c. cooked wild rice|
|1 (8 oz) can Hy-Vee sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped|
|1 lbs. ground pork sausage, browned and drained|
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Cut bread into 1/2-inch cubes. Bake, stirring often, until bread is dried out, about 40 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together chicken broth, butter and poultry seasoning. Pour over bread cubes and toss until bread is evenly moistened. Stir in rice, water chestnuts and sausage and place in a 2-quart casserole dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday Entertaining Cookbook.