Wild Rice and Quinoa Stuffing with Apples and Cranberries
This stuffing is nearly a meal in itself! Serve it like a pilaf with shredded turkey mixed in for a delicious meal of leftovers.
Servings and Ingredients
|⅓ c.||Hy-Vee butter|
|1||large onion, finely chopped|
|2 stalk(s)||celery, finely chopped|
|2||apples, such as Granny Smith, cored, peeled and chopped (about 2 c.)|
|2 clove(s)||garlic, minced|
|2 tbsp.||chopped fresh thyme|
|4 c.||cooled cooked quinoa|
|2 c.||cooled cooked wild rice|
|¾ c.||Hy-Vee dried cranberries|
|¼ c.||chopped fresh parsley|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|½ tsp.||freshly ground Hy-Vee black pepper|
|3||Hy-Vee large eggs, beaten|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee walnut pieces or Hy-Vee pecan pieces|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13-by-9-inch baking dish; set aside.
- In skillet, heat butter over medium heat; cook onion, celery, apples, garlic and thyme for 6 to 8 minutes or until onion and celery are tender. Transfer to large bowl; let cool completely.
- Add quinoa, wild rice, cranberries, parsley, salt and pepper to onion mixture; add eggs, stirring until combined. Transfer to prepared baking dish; cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle walnuts over top in last 15 minutes of cooking time.
- Tip: Garnish with extra chopped parsley or top with a little crumbled goat cheese. Substitute sage or rosemary for thyme if desired.
280 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 13g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Sodium: 270mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 36g
- Protein: 7g
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 15%