Flax-Topped Fruit Crisp with Lemon Cream
Servings and Ingredients
|6 red plums|
|⅓ c. white sugar|
|5 tbsp. fresh lemon juice, divided|
|2 tsp. cornstarch|
|2 c. cornflakes, crushed to make 1 c.|
|¼ c. flax seed|
|2 tbsp. butter or margarine, melted|
|1 c. light sour cream|
|1/4 to 1/3 c. powdered sugar|
|grated rind of 1 lemon|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 8-cup baking dish.
- Remove the pits from plums* and apricots*. Quarter fruits and place in baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix white sugar, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and cornstarch. Pour mixture over fruit and toss to coat.
- In a medium bowl, mix crushed cornflakes, flax seed and melted butter. Sprinkle crumb mixture over fruit.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, or until juice bubbles and is clear.
- In a medium bowl, mix sour cream, powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons lemon juice and grated rind of 1 lemon. Chill lemon cream until serving time.
- To serve, spoon 2 tablespoons lemon cream over each serving of fruit crisp.
- *NOTE: Use any combination of fruit instead of the plums and apricots to equal 4 cups. Adjust sugar if necessary.
279 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 10g
- Cholesterol: 14mg
- Sodium: 195mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 44g
- Protein: 6g
Family Favourites Flax cookbook.