Apple Crisp Pizza
Servings and Ingredients
|pastry for a single-crust pie|
|⅔ c. white sugar|
|3 tbsp. flour|
|2 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided|
|4 to 6 medium baking apples, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices|
|½ c. flour|
|⅓ c. packed brown sugar|
|⅓ c. uncooked oats|
|¼ c. soft margarine|
|1/4 to 1/2 c. caramel topping or caramel dip|
|chopped pecans, optional|
|ice cream, optional|
- Roll pastry to fit a 12-inch pizza pan. Raise pastry around edge to hold in juice.
- Combine white sugar, 3 tablespoons flour and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Add apples and toss together. Arrange apples to cover pastry completely.
- Combine 1/2 cup flour, brown sugar, oats, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and margarine. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes, or until apples are tender. Immediately drizzle with caramel topping. Sprinkle with chopped pecans, if desired.
- Cut like a pizza into wedges. Serve warm or cold. Good with a scoop of ice cream!