Servings and Ingredients
|1 lbs. 80%-lean ground beef|
|1 (14.5 ounce) can Hy-Vee diced tomatoes, undrained|
|1 c. Hy-Vee quick oats|
|½ c. finely chopped onion|
|½ c. finely chopped orange bell pepper|
|1 Hy-Vee large egg|
|1 ¼ tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|¼ tsp. Hy-Vee black pepper|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee ketchup|
|2 tbsp. packed Hy-Vee brown sugar|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee yellow mustard|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine beef, tomatoes, oats, onion, bell pepper, egg, salt and black pepper. Mix gently until combined.
- Turn mixture into a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan or shape into a free-form 9-by-5-inch loaf and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Or divide mixture between 3 (5-3/4-inch-by-2-3/4-inch) loaf pans. Set aside.
- Stir together ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Spread on top of meatloaf.
- Bake 9-by-5-inch meatloaf for 1 hour (bake small loaves for 40 minutes) or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
230 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 13g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Sodium: 630mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 16g
- Protein: 13g
Vitamin A 8%
Vitamin C 30%
Hy-Vee Seasons Comfort Foods Cookbook.