Servings and Ingredients
|3 large eggs, beaten|
|1 c. milk|
|1 tsp. salt|
|1 tsp. lemon pepper|
|1 ½ c. Heinz ketchup, divided|
|5 slice(s) bread, cut in cubes|
|1 medium onion, diced|
|1 large carrot, peeled and diced|
|¼ c. diced green bell pepper|
|¼ c. diced celery|
|3 lbs. ground beef|
|1 medium red onion, cut and separated into 1/4-inch-wide rings|
|4 beef bouillon cubes|
|1 tbsp. olive oil|
|¼ c. brown sugar|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs and milk with a fork. Add salt, lemon pepper and 1/2 cup ketchup. Stir in bread cubes. Stir in diced onion, carrot, green bell pepper and celery. Using your hands, knead in ground beef until thoroughly combined, about 1 minute. Pat in pan.
- Combine red onion slices, bouillon cubes and olive oil in a saucepan. Saute until onions are soft.
- In a separate bowl, mix remaining 1 cup ketchup and brown sugar until smooth. Brush on meatloaf. Top with sauteed onions.
- Bake for 1 hour. Drain grease before serving.