Corn Souffle Casserole
Port du Salut, a smooth and creamy French cheese with an edible orange rind, looks stunning on top this casserole. For easy slicing, coat a cheese knife with nonstick cooking spray between cuts.
Servings and Ingredients
|6 c.||fresh or frozen corn, divided|
|7 tbsp.||Hy-Vee butter, softened, divided|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee grated Parmesan cheese|
|6||Hy-Vee large eggs|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee honey|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee black pepper|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee baking powder|
|½ c.||sliced green onions|
|1||jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped*|
|5 ½ oz.||Port du Salut cheese, thinly sliced|
- Thaw corn, if frozen. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 3-quart casserole with 1 tablespoon butter; coat bottom of dish with Parmesan cheese and set aside.
- Separate eggs; place egg whites in a medium mixing bowl and yolks in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a food processor, place 4 cups corn, half-and-half, honey, salt and pepper. Cover and process until well-combined. Combine flour and baking powder; add to corn mixture and process to mix. Add remaining 6 tablespoons butter and egg yolks; pulse into mixture until well blended. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Stir in remaining 2 cups corn, green onions and jalapeno pepper.
- Beat egg whites with an electric mixer on medium until soft peaks form (tips curl). Gently fold whites into corn mixture until combined. Transfer mixture to prepared casserole. Top with cheese slices.
- bake, uncovered, for 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- *Note: Chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn skin and eyes. When working with chile peppers, wear protective gloves.
350 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 19g
- Cholesterol: 160mg
- Sodium: 450mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 31g
- Protein: 12g
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 10%
Hy-Vee Seasons Fall 2014.