Apple and Flax Pancakes
Servings and Ingredients
|1 ¼ c.||all-purpose flour|
|⅓ c.||coarsely ground flax seed|
|1 tbsp.||baking powder|
|2||eggs, separated, with whites beaten stiffly|
|1 ¼ c.||2% milk|
|3 tbsp.||butter, melted|
|1 c.||shredded peeled and cored apple|
- In a large bowl, combine flour, ground flax, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat together the egg yolks, milk and melted butter.
- Add liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Shred the apple and add to the batter. Stir until just combined.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Preheat griddle or heavy fry pan to medium heat. Lightly grease pan or spray with nonstick vegetable spray.
- Using a 1/3-cup measure, pour batter onto pan.
- Cook pancakes until bubbles appear on the surface, about 1 minute.
- Turn pancakes over and brown on the other side.
278 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 12g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Sodium: 470mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 36g
- Protein: 8g
Family Favourites Flax cookbook.