Banana Cream Pancakes
A generous slathering of smooth mascarpone cheese adds a sweet yet tangy surprise to a stack of puffy banana pancakes.
Servings and Ingredients
|¼ c. Hy-Vee chopped pecans|
|½ c. canned vanilla pudding|
|¼ c. mascarpone cheese|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee powdered sugar|
|1 ½ c. Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|2 ½ tsp. Hy-Vee baking powder|
|¼ tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|2 Hy-Vee large eggs, lightly beaten|
|1 c. plus 2 tbsp Hy-Vee 2% milk|
|⅔ c. bananas, mashed|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee unsalted butter, melted|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee vanilla extract|
|Sliced bananas, for serving|
|Hy-Vee 100% pure maple syrup, for serving|
Things To Grab
- Small skillet
- Small bowl
- Electric mixer
- Large bowl
- Medium bowl
- Hy-Vee nonstick cooking spray
- Griddle or heavy skillet
- Serving plate
- In a small skillet, heat pecans over medium heat until lightly toasted, stirring frequently. Set aside.
- For mascarpone cream, in a small mixing bowl beat pudding and mascarpone cheese with an electric mixer on medium until combined. Beat in powdered sugar until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and pecans. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, bananas, melted butter and vanilla. Gently stir banana mixture into flour mixture just until batter is blended. (Batter should be lumpy.)
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet. Cook over medium heat until golden brown, flipping once when surface is bubbly. Transfer pancake to serving plate; cover and keep warm in a 200-degree oven for up to 10 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
- To serve, layer pancakes with a rounded tablespoon of mascarpone cream and banana slices. Pour maple syrup over stack and serve hot.
580 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 28g
- Cholesterol: 145mg
- Sodium: 1190mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 71g
- Protein: 14g
Vitamin A 20%
Vitamin C 8%
Hy-Vee Seasons Fall 2014.