Swap all-purpose flour with wheat flour when you make these banana pancakes.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 c. flour (may be all or part whole wheat)|
|½ c. soy flour|
|2 tsp. baking powder|
|1 ½ c. soy milk|
|2 whole bananas (1 of them thinly sliced)|
|1 tbsp. soy oil|
Things To Grab
- Sift together flour, soy flour and baking powder.
- Put soy milk, the 1 unsliced banana and soy oil in a blender container and whirl until smooth.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stirring just to blend. Stir in the sliced banana.
- Using 1/4 cup batter per pancake, cook on a nonstick or lightly oiled griddle until bubbles form on the top, about 2 minutes.
- Turn and cook until the underside is golden, about 2 minutes more.
- VARIATION: For Fruit Pancakes, substitute 3/4 cup berries or other chopped fresh fruit for the banana.
293 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 173 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 52 g
- Protein: 9 g
Iowa Soybean Promotion Board.