Use Greek yogurt in this pizza dough for added health benefits and a super simple prep. It has the same flavor and texture as a regular pizza crust!
Servings and Ingredients
|1 c. heirloom tomatoes (any combination of halved cherry tomatoes or thinly sliced medium tomatoes)|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee Select extra-virgin olive oil|
|¼ tsp. Hy-Vee salt, plus additional to taste, divided|
|Hy-Vee black pepper, to taste|
|1 tbsp. yellow cornmeal|
|1 ½ c. Hy-Vee all-purpose flour*|
|1 ½ tsp. Hy-Vee baking powder|
|1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary|
|1 tsp. golden flax seeds|
|1 c. Hy-Vee plain Greek yogurt|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee pizza sauce|
|1 (8 oz) pkg fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced|
|2 oz. crumbled feta cheese|
- Combine tomatoes and oil; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Let stand for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Lightly grease and coat a baking sheet with cornmeal; set aside.
- For crust, in a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, rosemary, flax seeds and salt. Stir in yogurt. When mixture forms a soft dough, transfer to a lightly floured surface. Knead dough for 8 to 10 minutes, adding small amounts of flour at a time if dough is sticky.
- Roll dough into a 15-by-10-inch rectangle. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Spread pizza sauce on crust, leaving a 1-inch border all the way around the edge. Arrange mozzarella slices down the center of the crust. Top with tomatoes and feta. Fold edges of crust over toppings.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
- *Note: If desired, use 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour in place of the all-purpose flour. When using self-rising flour, omit baking powder and 3/4 teaspoon salt.
370 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 17g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Sodium: 650mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 46g
- Protein: 25g
Vitamin A 20%
Vitamin C 10%
Hy-Vee Seasons Health 2016.