Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Whether you're looking for a lower carb or higher fiber option, this pizza crust has got it going on. You can even make it gluten-free by using gluten-free bread crumbs.
Servings and Ingredients
|1||medium head cauliflower, cored and cut into florets, about 6 cups|
|2||Hy-Vee large eggs, lightly beaten|
|¾ c.||Hy-Vee shredded pizza cheese blend, divided|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee shredded Parmesan cheese|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee Italian seasoned bread crumbs|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|¾ c.||organic pizza sauce|
|⅓ c.||chopped or sliced fresh vegetables, such as cherry tomatoes,red onions, sweet peppers and/or zucchini|
|Fresh basil, snipped|
Things To Grab
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Food processor
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Plastic wrap
- Clean dish towel or paper towels
- Medium bowl
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Place cauliflower in a food processor. Cover and pulse four to six times or until finely ground. Transfer to a microwave-safe bowl; cover with vented plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 5 minutes or until cauliflower is softened, stirring once; cool. Transfer cauliflower to a clean dish towel and squeeze, removing as much water as possible.
- Stir together cooked and drained cauliflower, eggs, 1/4 cup pizza cheese blend, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and salt in a medium bowl. Pat cauliflower mixture into a 9×13-inch rectangle on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until crisp and starting to brown.
- Spoon pizza sauce over baked crust, spreading evenly. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and vegetables. Bake about 5 minutes more or until cheese melts. Sprinkle pizza with snipped fresh basil and cut into squares. Serve immediately.
230 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 10g
- Cholesterol: 115mg
- Sodium: 730mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 19g
- Protein: 15g
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 130%