Zucchini-Crusted Veggie Pizza
What's a good way to get the most nutrition out of pizza night? The secret's in the crust. Hint: It's also a great use of zucchini.
Servings and Ingredients
|1||large zucchini, and/or yellow summer squash, trimmed (about 12-oz.)|
|1||(6.5-oz.) pkg. Hy-Vee pizza crust mix|
|2 to 4 tbsp. Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee pizza sauce|
|½||medium red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced into rings|
|½||medium zucchini, and/or yellow summer squash, thinly sliced|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee shredded mozzarella cheese|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee shredded Parmesan cheese|
|Hy-Vee red pepper flakes, for garnish|
|Fresh oregano, for garnish|
Things To Grab
- Food processor or box grater
- Medium microwave-safe bowl
- Plastic wrap
- Paper towels
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Using a food processor or box grater, shred large zucchini; place in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave zucchini on HIGH for 5 minutes. Drain in a colander, pressing out as much liquid as you can. Blot zucchini dry with paper towels. Return to bowl.
- Stir in pizza crust mix until combined. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, adding flour if dough is sticky. Cover and let rest about 5 minutes.
- Using floured fingers, press dough into a 12-inch square or circle. Spread with pizza sauce and top with bell pepper and zucchini slices. Sprinkle cheeses on top.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese begins to brown and crust is golden brown. Garnish with crushed red pepper and oregano, if desired.
280 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 440mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 42g
- Protein: 13g
Vitamin A 25%
Vitamin C 110%
Hy-Vee Seasons Spring 2016.