Soup, Chili & Stew
Three-Bean and Beef Chili
Servings and Ingredients
|2 lbs. lean ground beef|
|1 large Vidalia onion, diced, divided|
|1 (32 fl oz) carton Pacific beef broth|
|1 (1.16 oz) packet Simply Organic vegetarian chili seasoning mix|
|1 (15 oz) can Hy-Vee HealthMarket organic kidney beans, drained, rinsed|
|1 (15 oz) can Hy-Vee HealthMarket organic black beans, drained, rinsed|
|1 (15 oz) can organic garbanzo beans, drained, rinsed|
|1 (15 oz) can Muir Glen organic tomato sauce|
|1 medium zucchini, chopped|
|1 medium yellow squash, chopped|
|2 tomatoes, chopped|
|1 medium green pepper, seeded, chopped|
|2 tsp. chili powder|
|2 c. shredded cheddar cheese, divided|
|Saltine crackers, optional|
- In a large skillet, combine beef and 1 cup onions. Cook over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Drain. Return to skillet.
- Meanwhile, bring beef broth to a boil in a large saucepan. Add chili seasoning mix and stir until powder is dissolved.
- Add beans, tomato sauce, vegetables, remaining onion, chili powder and beef to broth mixture. Mix well.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat. Simmer for approximately 20-30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Ladle into bowls. Top each bowl with 1/4 cup of cheese. Serve with crackers if desired.
460 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 16g
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- Sodium: 1460mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 41g
- Protein: 42g
Vitamin A 25%
Vitamin C 60%