This creamy recipe employs a couple of tricks: Searing the chopped rump roast adds color and flavor, while adding dill at the end brightens the dish with a fresh herbal aroma.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 ½ lbs. beef bottom round roast|
|½ tsp. kosher salt|
|¼ tsp. Hy-Vee ground black pepper|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|2 tsp. Hy-Vee Select extra-virgin olive oil|
|½ c. Hy-Vee beef broth|
|2 clove(s) garlic, minced|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee paprika|
|2 tbsp. dry white wine, optional|
|2 c. button mushrooms|
|1 medium onion, chopped|
|Additional kosher salt and Hy-Vee black pepper, to taste|
|1 (8 oz) container Hy-Vee sour cream|
|2 tsp. Hy-Vee Dijon mustard|
|3 tbsp. fresh dill, chopped|
|Hot Buttered Parmesan Noodles, optional|
Things To Grab
- Large bowl
- Large skillet
- 3-1/2 or 4-quart slow-cooker
- Slotted spoon
- Trim fat from meat, cut into large chunks and transfer to a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add flour and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown meat on all sides in hot oil. Place in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker.
- Add broth to skillet; bring to boiling, stirring constantly to scrape up any browned bits from bottom of skillet. Stir in garlic, paprika and, if desired, wine. Pour over meat in slow cooker.
- Add mushrooms and onion to slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours or until meat is tender. Using a slotted spoon, transfer meat mixture to a bowl; cover and keep warm.
Add sour cream and mustard to liquid in slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 minutes. Pour sauce over meat mixture. Sprinkle with dill. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with Hot Buttered Parmesan Noodles, if desired.
Related Content, Side Dish
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 20g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Sodium: 350mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 8g
- Protein: 26g
Hy-Vee Seasons Fall 2015.