Sloppy Buffalo Chicken Joes
Servings and Ingredients
|2 tsp.||extra-virgin olive oil|
|2 lbs.||ground chicken or turkey breast|
|1||carrot, peeled and chopped or grated|
|2||stalks celery, chopped|
|1||yellow onion, finely chopped|
|2 to 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated|
|Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste|
|2 tbsp.||apple cider vinegar|
|2 tbsp.||brown sugar|
|1 tbsp.||Worcestershire sauce|
|hot sauce, to taste|
|1 c.||low-sodium tomato sauce|
|1 c.||low-sodium chicken stock|
|2 to 3 wedges Laughing Cow Light Blue blue cheese crumbles|
|8||Flatout Healthy Artisan Foldit Flatbread|
|2||large dill pickles, chopped|
- Spread Laughing Cow onto Flatouts. Pile with sloppy buffalo filling and top with chopped pickles.
- Heat a large skillet with extra-virgin olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add meat and break it up with wooden spoon; cook 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add carrots, celery, onions and garlic; season with salt and pepper and cook an additional 7 to 8 minutes.
- In a bowl combine the vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire, hot sauce, tomato sauce and stock. Pour into the pan and stir to combine.
- Simmer a few minutes more, until sauce has reduced and thickened.