Scrambled Egg Burrito
Servings and Ingredients
|1 c. liquid egg white substitute|
|1 c. skim milk|
|⅔ c. 1% cottage cheese (such as Land O'Lakes 1% made with sea salt)|
|Hy-Vee salt, to taste|
|ground black pepper|
|8 (8-inch) whole grain tortillas|
|Toppings of choice|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with non-stick spray. Whisk together eggs, egg substitute, milk, cottage cheese, salt and black pepper.
- Pour into prepared pan; bake for approximately 7 minutes or until eggs just begin to set. Open oven door and using a large pancake spatula/turner, gently pull the eggs completely across the bottom and sides of pan to form large curds. Continue to bake for another 5 minutes; open door and pull eggs again. Bake for another 5 minutes; open door and pull again. Return to oven for another 2-5 minutes or until no visible runny liquid remains; do not over-bake, however (eggs will continue to cook once removed from oven).
- During the last few minutes of baking, wrap tortillas in a clean dish towel or several layers of paper towels; microwave until hot, 30 to 60 seconds.
- When eggs are cooked, remove from oven. Allow guests to scoop a heaping 1/4 cup scrambled egg mixture for each burrito, placing egg mixture in a line slightly off-center on each tortilla.
- Place desired toppings on top of eggs. Fold in the sides of each tortilla over the filling; then roll the bottom edge of the tortilla tightly up over the filling. Continue to roll into a burrito.
280 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 9g
- Cholesterol: 185mg
- Sodium: 680mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 30g
- Protein: 18g
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 0%
adapted from IncredibleEgg.org.