Santa's Favorite Pancakes
Servings and Ingredients
|For the pancakes:|
|1 c.||Hodgson Mill buckwheat pancake mix|
|¾ c.||Hy-Vee skim milk|
|1 ½ tbsp.||Hy-Vee cooking oil|
|Hy-Vee non-stick cooking spray|
|To assemble Santa's Favorite pancakes, you'll also need:|
|2 slice(s)||cooked bacon per pancake|
|2||chocolate chips per pancake|
|1||fresh raspberry per pancake|
|Hy-Vee whipped cream|
- Prepare pancakes by placing pancake mix into mixing bowl; add milk and egg. Stir in vegetable oil. Mix until just blended. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Preheat griddle or large skillet to 360 degrees. Lightly spray with Hy-Vee cooking spray. Griddle is ready when small drops of water sizzle and disappear almost immediately.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto the hot griddle, adding 2 separate spoonfuls additional batter to form “reindeer ears.” Cook 1 to 1-1/2 minutes and flip when edges appear cooked and bubbles form throughout the pancake. Cook additional 1 to 1-1/2 minutes on opposite side.
- Pour 1/8 cup onto griddle to form smaller pancake for reindeer face. Repeat cooking instructions of step 3.
- To assemble “Santa's Favorite” reindeer face-shaped pancake: Place 1 smaller pancake on top of larger pancake. Arrange bacon to look like antlers, raspberry for a red nose and two small dollops of whipped cream, each topped with a chocolate chip, for eyes.
adapted from www.familyfun.com.