Rhubarb Cobbler Dessert
Servings and Ingredients
|¾ c. Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|2 tbsp. cornstarch|
|½ tbsp. Hy-Vee ground cinnamon|
|4 c. finely chopped rhubarb|
|1 tbsp. water|
|¼ c. plus 1 tbsp Hy-Vee butter, divided|
|¾ c. Hy-Vee flour|
|½ c. uncooked Hy-Vee old-fashioned oats|
|¼ c. finely chopped Hy-Vee pecans|
|2 tbsp. packed Hy-Vee brown sugar, divided|
|1 ½ tsp. baking powder|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee 2% milk|
|1 Hy-Vee large egg, beaten|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon brown sugar on top of cobbler.
- In a medium saucepan, mix together granulated sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon. Stir in rhubarb and water. Over medium-high heat, bring the mixture to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally for 1 minute. Transfer to a greased 9-by-9-inch baking dish and spread evenly.
- Cut 1 tablespoon butter into small cubes. Dot over rhubarb.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, pecans, 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar and baking powder. Cut in 1/4 cup butter until it resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk and egg. Add to the flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Drop by teaspoonfuls over top of the rhubarb.
- Bake 16 to 18 minutes, or until the top is lightly brown and rhubarb is bubbly.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes before serving.
240 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 10g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 150mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 36g
- Protein: 4g
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 8%