Rhubarb Cake 2
Servings and Ingredients
|1 ½ c. plus 1/3 c. sugar, divided|
|½ c. margarine, softened|
|1 large egg|
|1 c. buttermilk|
|¼ tsp. salt|
|2 c. flour|
|1 tsp. baking soda|
|2 c. diced rhubarb|
|1 tsp. cinnamon|
|ice cream or Cool Whip, for serving|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13-by-9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat together sugar and margarine. Beat in egg. Stir in buttermilk, salt, flour, baking soda and rhubarb. Spread in prepared pan.
- Combine 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over batter.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream or Cool Whip whipped topping.