Rhubarb Coffee Cake
Servings and Ingredients
|1 ¾ c. packed brown sugar, divided|
|½ c. shortening|
|1 large egg|
|2 c. flour|
|1 tsp. baking soda|
|½ tsp. salt|
|1 c. sour cream|
|1 ½ c. chopped rhubarb|
|¼ c. sugar|
|½ c. chopped pecans or walnuts|
|1 tbsp. margarine|
|1 tsp. ground cinnamon|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13-by-9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In mixing bowl, cream 1-1/2 cups brown sugar and shortening. Beat in egg.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add alternately with sour cream to the creamed mixture. Fold in rhubarb. Spread in prepared pan.
- Combine sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, nuts, margarine and cinnamon for topping. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Cool on wire rack.