Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Servings and Ingredients
|2 ¼ c.||flour|
|1 c.||granulated sugar, divided|
|¾ c.||margarine, chilled|
|½ tsp.||baking powder|
|½ tsp.||baking soda|
|¾ c.||plain yogurt or sour cream|
|2||large eggs, divided|
|1 tsp.||almond extract|
|1||(8 oz) pkg light cream cheese, softened|
|½ c.||raspberry preserves|
|½ c.||sliced almonds|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 9- or 10-inch springform pan.
- Combine flour and 3/4 cup sugar in a large bowl. Cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 1 cup.
- To remaining mixture, stir in baking powder, baking soda, salt, sour cream, 1 egg and almond extract.
- Spread batter on bottom and up 2 inches on sides of prepared pan. If mixture is difficult to spread up sides, refrigerate about 10 minutes to stiffen it, or dip back of spoon in yogurt so mixture won't stick to it.
- Beat together cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 egg. Spread over batter in pan. Carefully spoon preserves on top.
- In small bowl, combine reserved crumbs with almonds and sprinkle on top of preserves.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until filling is set and crust is deep golden brown. Cool 15 minutes. Remove side of springform pan. Serve warm or cool. Cut into wedges.