Servings and Ingredients
|½ c.||lukewarm water|
|1 packet(s)||dry yeast|
|1 ½ c.||boiling water|
|7||to 8 tbsp sugar|
|mashed cooked prunes, optional|
- Mix together lukewarm water, yeast and 1 tsp. sugar. Set aside.
- In bowl with lid, mix together boiling water, margarine, salt and 7-8 T. sugar. Let mixture cool until lukewarm.
- When margarine mixture is lukewarm, combine with 3 c. flour, eggs and yeast mixture. Mix well.
- Add remaining flour, 1 cup at a time. Knead until dough is soft and does not stick to hands. Cover and let rise to top of bowl.
- Divide dough into fourths. Pat out on a board into 4 long, thin strips.
- Brush with margarine. Sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon, raisins and prunes. Roll up like cinnamon rolls.
- Place each fourth on a greased cookie sheet in a circular design. (Form each dough piece into a circle). Cut 1-inch slices about three-fourths of the way through the dough with a scissors or knife.
- Turn each piece back so filling shows. Let the dough rise again.
- Bake at 350 to 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. Brush with margarine when removed from the oven.
- Can be frosted with powdered sugar frosting while warm, and sprinkled with nuts and lots of cherries.