Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Using sour cream keeps the cake tender and gives it a little extra something.
Servings and Ingredients
|¾ c.||Hy-Vee unsalted butter, softened|
|1 ½ c.||Hy-Vee granulated sugar, divided|
|2||Hy-Vee large eggs|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee vanilla|
|2 c.||Hy-Vee flour|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee baking soda|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|1||(8 oz) container Hy-Vee light sour cream|
|⅓ c.||packed Hy-Vee dark brown sugar|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee cinnamon|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee chopped pecans|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 10-inch tube pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat butter and 1 cup granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add alternately to butter mixture with sour cream.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the cinnamon-sugar mixture in the bottom of prepared pan. Spread half the batter in the pan. Evenly sprinkle 1/3 of the cinnamon-sugar mixture over the batter. Pour remaining half of the batter in the pan; gently spread to cover the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Evenly sprinkle remaining 1/3 of the cinnamon-sugar mixture over the batter.
- Bake 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Use a knife to loosen sides. Place on serving platter. Serve warm.
300 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 16g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Sodium: 190mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 37g
- Protein: 4g
Vitamin A 8%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Comfort Foods Cookbook.