Overnight Coffee Cake
Servings and Ingredients
|⅔ c. margarine, softened|
|1 c. plus 1/2 c. brown sugar, divided|
|1 c. granluated sugar|
|2 c. flour|
|1 tsp. cinnamon|
|1 tsp. baking soda|
|1 tsp. baking powder|
|1 c. buttermilk or sour milk|
|½ c. chopped walnuts or pecans, for topping|
|½ tsp. nutmeg, for topping|
- Spray a 9-by-13-inch pan or two 9-by-9-inch pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat together margarine, 1 cup brown sugar, granulated sugar and eggs. Fold in flour, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder. Stir in buttermilk.
- Pour into prepared pan(s).
- Stir together remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, nuts and nutmeg. Sprinkle on top of batter. Refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.