Pumpkin Apple Coffee Cake
Servings and Ingredients
|3 tbsp. butter or margarine|
|4 c. diced, peeled Granny Smith apples (approximately 4 apples)|
|½ c. white sugar|
|1 tsp. cinnamon|
|1 ½ c. Hy-Vee baking mix|
|1 c. firmly packed brown sugar|
|¼ c. butter or margarine|
|¾ c. Hy-Vee canned pumpkin|
|2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice|
|2 eggs, beaten|
|ice cream or thawed whipped topping, optional|
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add apples. Saute 5 minutes. Add white sugar and cinnamon. Saute for 3 more minutes. Cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover the bottom of a 7-by-11-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine baking mix, brown sugar and 1/4 cup butter in a large bowl. Mix with a pastry cutter or fork until mixture is crumbly. Set aside 2/3 cup of mixture for topping.
- Beat pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and eggs into the baking mix/sugar mixture just until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Spoon sauteed apples on top. Sprinkle with reserved 2/3 cup topping mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes, or until tester inserted into center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cool. Great with ice cream or thawed whipped topping.