Mashed Potatoes with Sage and Mascarpone Cheese
Servings and Ingredients
|4 lbs. Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee unsalted butter|
|2 tbsp. plus 1 tsp minced fresh sage, divided|
|2 c. heavy whipping cream|
|8 oz. mascarpone cheese|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9-by-13-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons sage; stir until butter begins to brown, about 3 minutes. Add heavy whipping cream, bring to a simmer and remove from heat.
- Drain potatoes; return to pot. Stir over medium heat until excess moisture evaporates. Add cream mixture; mash potatoes. Stir in mascarpone cheese and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to prepared dish. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sage. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Cover with plastic; refrigerate.)
- Bake potatoes, uncovered, until heated through and golden brown, about 45 minutes.
440 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 33g
- Cholesterol: 105mg
- Sodium: 45mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 32g
Vitamin A 25%
Vitamin C 25%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2010.