Grilled Zoo Brew Brats with Peppers, Onions and Provolone
Servings and Ingredients
|6||Hy-Vee beer brats|
|1||large white onion, sliced, divided|
|3||cloves garlic, smashed|
|2||(12 oz) bottles Exile Zoo Brew Pale Ale|
|2 tsp.||olive oil|
|2||Anaheim or green peppers, thinly sliced lengthwise|
|1||red pepper, thinly sliced lengthwise|
|Salt and pepper, as needed|
|6||Hy-Vee Bakery fresh brat buns, hinge sliced|
|3 tbsp.||Dijon mustard, divided|
|6||slices provolone cheese, cut in half, divided|
|1||grill safe foil pan|
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- In a large sauce pot, place brats, 1/2 of the sliced onion, garlic cloves and beer.
- In a large saute pan, add olive oil, remaining sliced onion, Anaheim or green and red peppers and saute until peppers begin to brown. Season with salt and pepper and add 1/3 cup of brat cooking liquid. Reduce liquid and keep mixture warm until service.
- Remove brats from sauce pot and place on grill to brown on both sides, 4-5 minutes or until fully cooked. Remove brats and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Slice each brat on the diagonal into 5 pieces.
- Place brat buns on foil pan and spread 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard on each. Place 1 sliced brat on each bun and top with equal amounts of peppers and onions. Top each brat with 2 halves of provolone cheese.
- Place brats on grill using indirect heat and grill until buns are toasted and cheese is melted.
620 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 32g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Sodium: 1380mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 45g
- Protein: 27g
Chef Andrew from Ankeny #1