Servings and Ingredients
|1||(19.76 oz) pkg Hy-Vee original brats|
|1||yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced|
|1 ½ tsp.||caraway seeds|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee coarsely ground black pepper|
|3||(12 oz each) bottles Boulevard beer|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee butter|
|5||Hy-Vee bakery fresh brat buns, split|
|Stone-ground mustard, optional|
- Using a toothpick, pierce casing on each brat several times.
- Place brats, onions, caraway seed and pepper in a large saucepan. Slowly pour in beer. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees. Drain. Reserve onions.
- Meanwhile, prepare grill.
- Melt butter in a disposable foil pan over medium-hot coals. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Grill brats over medium-hot coats for 5 to 7 minutes to crisp the skin, turning frequently.
- If desired, lightly grill the buns.
- Place brats in toasted buns. Top with grilled onions. Slather with stone-ground mustard, if desired.
520 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 29g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Sodium: 1220mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 43g
- Protein: 20g
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 2%
Hy-Vee Seasons Summer 2009.