Gorgonzola and Fresh Herb Compound Butter
Servings and Ingredients
|½ lbs. butter, at room temperature|
|¼ lbs. Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled into small pieces|
|¼ c. finely chopped shallots|
|1 tbsp. grated garlic|
|Several grinds black pepper|
|¼ c. finely chopped fresh basil|
|¼ c. finely chopped fresh parsley|
- Using your hands or an electric mixer, combine the butter, cheese, shallots, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the basil and parsley last. Do not over mix.
- Using plastic, film, roll the butter mixture into a log approximately 2 inches in diameter and refrigerate.
- Cut into 1/2-inch slices and place on top of a giant Amana rib-eye.
- Serve with a steaming hot Iowa russet dressed with light sour cream, minced green onions or chives and some Hy-Vee bacon bits. For something different, substitute smoked salmon with the bone and skin removed for the bacon bits.
- Last but not least have a small salad and a glass of Trinchero Cabernet Sauvignon. Heaven, here I come! Enjoy!
Chef Gary Puetz.