Fresh Peach and Strawberry Tacos
Cook skewered fruit on the grill just long enough to release their naturally sweet juices. Then tuck the fruit into grilled tortillas for a deliciously light summer dessert. Pair these yummy tacos with a Berliner Weisse beer or Gewürztraminer wine.
Servings and Ingredients
|4||wooden or metal skewers|
|¼ c.||mascarpone cheese, softened|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee honey|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee ground cinnamon, divided|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee sugar|
|4||(4-inch) snack-size mini flour tortillas|
|1 c.||fresh strawberries, halved|
|1||medium peach, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch slices|
|Hy-Vee sliced almonds, toasted, optional|
|Hy-Vee shredded coconut, toasted, optional|
- Soak wooden skewers in water at least 30 minutes before grilling to prevent from burning. Lightly grease a charcoal or gas grill rack.
- Prepare for direct cooking over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine mascarpone cheese, honey and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; set aside.
- In another small bowl, combine sugar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Lay tortillas on a flat surface and lightly spray one side with cooking spray. Sprinkle tortillas evenly with cinnamon-sugar; set aside.
- Thread strawberry halves and peach slices onto skewers, leaving 1/4-inch space between pieces. Lightly spray fruit with cooking spray.
- Grill skewers for 2 to 3 minutes, turning once. Grill tortillas for 1 minute, turning once.
- Evenly distribute fruit among tortillas. Spoon mascarpone mixture over each taco and, if desired, top with sliced almonds and coconut.
280 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 15g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Sodium: 260mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 33g
- Protein: 6g
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 45%
Hy-Vee Seasons Summer 2016.