Servings and Ingredients
|8 oz.||Hy-Vee fettuccine pasta|
|2 slice(s)||Hy-Vee applewood smoked bacon*|
|½ c.||frozen Hy-Vee sweet peas|
|½ c.||chopped mushrooms|
|⅓ c.||shredded carrots|
|½ c.||chopped green onions|
|1 tbsp.||minced fresh thyme|
|⅓ c.||Hy-Vee half-and-half|
|Hy-Vee salt and Hy-Vee pepper, to taste|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee shredded Parmesan cheese|
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta, reserving 3/4 cup cooking liquid.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan and crumble, reserving drippings in pan.
- Add peas, mushrooms and carrots; sauté 2 minutes. Add green onions and thyme; sauté 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in cooked pasta, reserved cooking liquid and half-and-half; heat until bubbly or until sauce thickens slightly. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and crumbled bacon.
- * For a vegetarian option, omit bacon and sauté vegetables in 1 tablespoon olive oil instead of bacon drippings.
- ** Also great topped with grilled chicken.
320 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 260mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 48g
- Protein: 13g
Vitamin A 35%
Vitamin C 8%