Servings and Ingredients
|4||boneless, skinless chicken breasts|
|1 c.||plus 2 tbsp fat-free half-and-half, divided|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee margarine|
|¾ c.||grated Hy-Vee Parmesan cheese|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee cornstarch|
|12 oz.||uncooked Hy-Vee fettuccine|
|1 c.||frozen Hy-Vee peas|
|2 tbsp.||prepared pesto sauce, divided|
|1||yellow summer squash, thinly sliced|
|1 jar(s)||roasted red bell peppers, drained and thinly sliced|
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Grill chicken breasts, turning once, about 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Cut grilled chicken into bite-size pieces. Cover and keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, heat 1 cup half-and-half and margarine until margarine melts. Add parmesan cheese gradually, stirring until melted.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and remaining 2 tbsp half-and-half until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture to Parmesan mixture. Heat until thickened. Cover and keep warm over low heat.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions. Add frozen peas during last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain and keep warm.
- In a medium bowl, coat chicken bites with 1 tbsp pesto sauce. In a large bowl, mix remaining pesto with cooked fettuccine and parmesan mixture. Add red bell peppers and summer squash, gently stirring to coat.
- Serve fettuccine mixture topped with chicken.
470 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 11g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Sodium: 360mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 59g
- Protein: 35g
Vitamin A 70%
Vitamin C 170%