Creamy Rice Pudding with Rum-Soaked Raisins
Servings and Ingredients
|1 c.||Arborio rice|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee butter|
|3 c.||Hy-Vee fat-free half-and-half|
|1 c.||plus 1 tbsp Hy-Vee granulated sugar, divided|
|2 to 3 cinnamon sticks|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee vanilla|
|1 c.||golden raisins|
- Bring water to boil; add rice, salt and butter. Cover and lower heat to simmer; cook for 20 minutes.
- Place rice in upper part of double-boiler pan with half-and-half, 1 cup sugar and cinnamon sticks. Bring to boil over direct heat, then place pan over simmering water in double boiler. Cover and cook 45 minutes. Remove cinnamon sticks and stir in vanilla.
- Pour rice into large bowl and allow to cool. Mixture will thicken as it cools.
- To prepare rum-soaked raisins, cook raisins, remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and rum in small saucepan over low heat until raisins are plump, about 10 minutes.
- Serve rice with rum-soaked raisins.
190 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 105mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 38g
- Protein: 3g
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 2%
Hy-Vee Seasons Comfort Foods Cookbook.