Crab and Brie Puffs
Prepare the filling and bake the puffs ahead of time, then simply assemble these bite-sized poppers just before your guests arrive. They can be served warm or at room temperature.
Servings and Ingredients
|2 tbsp.||chopped fresh chives|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee butter|
|3 tbsp.||Hy-Vee flour|
|⅛ tsp.||ground red pepper|
|¾ c.||Hy-Vee half-and-half|
|¼ c.||dry white wine|
|1||(4.4 oz) pkg soft ripened Brie cheese, rind removed and cut into small pieces|
|8 oz.||lump crab meat|
|1||(17.3 oz) pkg puff pastry sheets, thawed|
|Chopped fresh dill, for garnish|
Things To Grab
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sauté chives and butter in a medium saucepan for 5 minutes over medium heat. Stir in flour and ground red pepper. Continue heating and stir in half-and-half, one tablespoon at a time. Slowly stir in wine.
- Increase heat to medium-high and cook until mixture gets thick and boils for one minute.
- Reduce heat to medium and melt cheese in half-and-half mixture. Add crab meat and stir over heat for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low and keep warm.
- Roll out puff pastry and cut each sheet into 12 circles with a 1-1/2-inch round cutter. Place puff pastry circles 1-inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven.
- If desired, remove top layer of each puff and discard. Top each with 1 tablespoon crab mixture. Serve warm garnished with fresh dill.
Amounts Per Serving
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday Entertaining Cookbook.