Servings and Ingredients
|4 ½ c. halved Hy-Vee baby carrots|
|⅔ c. Hy-Vee seasoned bread crumbs|
|3 tbsp. Land O Lakes light butter, melted, divided|
|½ c. chopped onion|
|3 tbsp. Hy-Vee flour|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|¼ tsp. Hy-Vee ground pepper|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee dill weed|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee thyme|
|1 ½ c. Hy-Vee skim milk|
|4 oz. cubed light Velveeta cheese|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place carrots in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water. Cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 6 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together bread crumbs and 1 tbsp melted butter. Mix well. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet over low heat, heat the remaining 2 tbsp of butter. Add onions. Sauté until tender. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, dill weed and thyme. Cook for a few minutes, stirring to prevent browning.
- Gradually pour in milk, stirring constantly. Increase heat to medium. Cook until bubbly and thickened. Add cheese. Stir until smooth. Fold in carrots.
- Pour carrot mixture into a greased 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture. Bake for 20 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown.
150 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 710mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 21g
- Protein: 7g
Vitamin A 390%
Vitamin C 15%