Blueberry Pancake Breakfast Casserole
Fluffy blueberry-lemon pancakes get topped with a rich custard sauce. Then they chill overnight and get baked together the next morning.
Servings and Ingredients
|3 c. Hy-Vee buttermilk pancake mix|
|2 c. water|
|1 ½ c. fresh blueberries, divided|
|1 tbsp. lemon zest|
|6 Hy-Vee large eggs|
|1 ½ c. Hy-Vee whole milk|
|1 c. Hy-Vee heavy whipping cream|
|½ c. Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee vanilla extract|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee brown sugar, packed|
|¼ tsp. Hy-Vee ground cinnamon|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee butter, cold, cubed|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee pecan pieces|
|Hy-Vee powdered sugar, for garnish|
|Hy-Vee Select 100% pure maple syrup, for garnish|
Things To Grab
- 3-quart baking dish
- Wire cooling rack
- 2 medium bowls
- Serving spoon
- Storage container
- Grease a 3-quart baking dish; set aside.
- Prepare pancakes according to package directions using water, except stir 1 cup blueberries and lemon zest into batter and use slightly less than 1/4 cup batter per pancake. Cool pancakes on a wire rack. Overlap pancakes in prepared dish.
- For custard, in a medium bowl whisk together eggs, milk, cream, granulated sugar and vanilla. Pour over pancakes in dish. Using the back of a serving spoon, press pancakes to coat with custard. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup blueberries on top. Cover dish and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Meanwhile, for crumb topping, in a medium bowl combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter. Stir in pecans. Transfer to a storage container; cover and refrigerate.
- Remove dish from refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Add prepared crumb topping and bake for 30 to 45 minutes more or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Just before serving, sprinkle powdered sugar and drizzle maple syrup on top.
400 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 19g
- Cholesterol: 165mg
- Sodium: 440mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 47g
- Protein: 10g
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 4%