Soup, Chili & Stew
Servings and Ingredients
|2 lbs.||stew meat, cubed|
|1 can(s)||tomato soup|
|1 can(s)||cream of mushroom soup|
|½ can(s)||red wine (measured using emptied soup can)|
|½ envelope(s)||dry onion soup mix|
|1||to 2 bay leaves|
|salt and pepper, to taste|
|garlic salt, to taste|
|Worcestershire sauce, to taste|
|Tabasco sauce, to taste|
|4||to 6 carrots, peeled and cut in 1-inch slices|
|2||to 3 onions, coarsely chopped|
|3||to 4 potatoes, peeled and quartered|
|1||small can mushrooms|
- Brown stew meat in a greased Dutch oven.
- Add tomato soup, cream of mushroom soup, water, red wine, dry onion soup mix, bay leaves, salt, pepper, garlic salt, Worcestershire and Tabasco sauce. Cover. Cook about 2-1/2 hours.
- During the last 1-1/2 hours of cooking, add carrots, onions, potatoes and mushrooms. Can also add peas, if desired.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.
- *VARIATION: Can omit potatoes and serve stew over mashed potatoes, rice or noodles instead.