Soup, Chili & Stew
Burgundy Beef and Vegetable Stew
Servings and Ingredients
|1 ½ lbs.||beef eye round, trimmed and and cut into 1-inch pieces|
|1 tbsp.||vegetable oil|
|1 tsp.||dried thyme leaves|
|1||(13.75 oz) can beef broth|
|½ c.||Burgundy wine|
|3||large cloves garlic, crushed|
|1 ½ c.||baby carrots|
|1 c.||frozen whole pearl onions|
|1||(8 oz) pkg frozen sugar snap peas|
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef (half at a time) and brown evenly, stirring occasionally.
- Pour off drippings.
- Season with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Stir in broth, wine and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover tightly and simmer for 1-1/2 hours.
- Add carrots and onions. Cover and continue cooking 30 to 40 minutes or until beef and vegetables are tender.
- Bring beef stew to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water. Add to beef stew. Cook and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in sugar snap peas.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until peas are heated through.
Amounts Per Serving
Vitamin A 80%
Vitamin C 10%
Iowa Beef Industry Council.